Why become a member? ×

Different Bass - Better Result

BassAdder60

So having recently purchased the Fender American Performer PBass I noticed when I switch from fingers to pick the change in tone isn’t too dramatic which is perfect with my rig set up.

My other basses seem to have a very different response going from fingers to pick ( Player Series and Vintera ) as much as the pick tone is a very bright version compared to fingers as you would expect 

The AM Performer less so which must be down to the Pickups and Tone circuit they use ? 

• Like 1

Probably, the Greasebucket circuit cuts both treble and bass when you roll it off, so you don't get the usual muddiness that would normally be expected by rolling off a normal Fender tone control. I wasn't a massive fan when I tried a Performer Jazz a few years ago, although the bass was pretty nice aside from that. The Yosemite pickups were very nice from what I remember.

1 minute ago, asingardenof said:

Probably, the Greasebucket circuit cuts both treble and bass when you roll it off, so you don't get the usual muddiness that would normally be expected by rolling off a normal Fender tone control. I wasn't a massive fan when I tried a Performer Jazz a few years ago, although the bass was pretty nice aside from that. The Yosemite pickups were very nice from what I remember.

That’s all I can think it is but I didn’t even need to back off the bass tone pot as I switched to a pick !