Why become a member? ×

P bass custom project Jan 24

mrbacco

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

The Double Cover look is kinda cool...

Quite like the look of a cover without the scratch plate... You going for a Bridge cover as well?

good point, Sir. no I am leaving it like that ... I understand what you mean; if I had a larger and bulkier bridge as well, the carbon bass ( 🙂 ) would look less casual and, maybe, a bit more suited, but I think I am gonna leave it like that ... 

Edited by mrbacco
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mrbacco said:

Still haven't connected the whole parts, been busy with "life impairments" like paying bills, storms, and all that BS ... anyway ... 

I had a bit of time to work on the final tuning, and now I am ready for the soldering and testing. I had put the covers on the pickups, plus another layer of black paint to finish it better. I am also finishing the plate that is gonna be on the back to cover the electronics.

This is how it looks like as final from the front: 

PXL_20240303_132436293.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.thumb.jpg.b153a2d3d72e80db9f04e45ab3a8f850.jpg

Yes -like that. 

• Like 1

The carbon bass is finally finished. 

I re route the front to host a plate for the controls, as I found too much this time to create an ad hoc cover for the back.

This is the final result, on the usual OSB floor that everyone is crazy about! (hahaha).

Thanks, and see ya next time folks! 

PXL_20240307_112804575.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.d9e6fd7652f66e4ed81b6acbe4704d97.jpg

PXL_20240307_112818392.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.0a9ada4a3bf35f2122c1b1a30bb98475.jpg

PXL_20240307_112834796.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.16d32c658e2b0dece49bedf534275c3c.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rodders said:

Love the double pickup covers and the control plate/knobs combo!

Thank you sir! For the control plate, I know it is not straight and perpendicular to the pickups, but I took a standard jazz 70' bass plate, and crop it to my design with the mitre saw! haha ... I will re route the cavity for the control to make it more 90 degrees to the whole bridge/pickups/strings hardware! 

Edited by mrbacco