Why become a member? ×

A shop that matches best Internet prices ...

OldGit

Delt with these guys before and they are nice but most importantly, they match best internet prices on stuff.
You don't get a lesson on "yeah well internet shops don't have to have a building and pay rent and staf and have stock" and all that gubbins

So find your best price online and give Sam a call
Sounds International, Bath
01225 319979
[url="http://www.soundsinternational.co.uk/"]http://www.soundsinternational.co.uk/[/url] (crap site!)

Tell him I sent you :)
OG

Awful site, true, but refreshing to see that Bass is listed before guitar in the amps list. You don't see that every day.

I assume he'll match prices including postage? Quite honestly, Bath might as well be Germany when it comes to getting gear.

[quote name='Viajero' post='3781' date='May 21 2007, 05:31 PM']Awful site, true, but refreshing to see that Bass is listed before guitar in the amps list. You don't see that every day.

I assume he'll match prices including postage? Quite honestly, Bath might as well be Germany when it comes to getting gear.[/quote]

Worth a try .. He will for Wales .. dunno about Spain ..
Anyway you're coming to the Uk soon arn't you?

Exactly, in a fortnight's time, and when I do it'll be Price Drop Clearance Time for my gear. Looking to shift bit of stuff and buy in new bits and pieces, especially amp and cab. So, if they'll match net prices and do fair delivery rates to Yorkshire or the North-east, that'd be a result.

I would also suggest trying your local guitar shop also. Many of them are becoming internet savvy and know that they have to compete on price and you are in a position to negotiate face to face as well as trying out the instrument. Just don't take the piss and you could be surprised. I find my local shop very accommodating.

[quote name='Muppet' post='3890' date='May 21 2007, 08:34 PM']I would also suggest trying your local guitar shop also. Many of them are becoming internet savvy and know that they have to compete on price and you are in a position to negotiate face to face as well as trying out the instrument. Just don't take the piss and you could be surprised. I find my local shop very accommodating.[/quote]

I'm hoping so as I'd much rather deal with a local bricks and mortar place than an online only place for big bits of kit.

So, having been on email and phone for the last few days giving real shops the opportunity to match online only prices
(actually my email says "get somewhere near" the online price) I've found no one who will happily match Web prices apart from this guy.

I'm waiting for my local music stores to get back to me, except for the main dealer who is quoting almost list, and "well we will match if its in our area" .. yet to be defined :)

Previously I've use this guy's willingness to offer good prices to get a better deal out of my local shops ..

Edited by OldGit

Oh! Here's another one to try ..

Just got an email from Guitar Mania
They have an ebay sale with a BIN way over the Basscentre price - Pointed it out to them and they will match it too

01202 718886 Chris - Guitar Mania
[url="http://guitarmania.vstore.ca/"]http://guitarmania.vstore.ca/[/url]