Why become a member? ×

iPlayer - The Changin' Times of Ike White

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but while recovering from severe covid in hospital in 2020 (or was it one of the later trips for related ailments? I can't remember - I digress) this Arena episode appeared on iPlayer.

It seemed to start out as a music documentary about a convicted murderer who managed to make a funk album in prison in the 70s with the backing of a Jimi Hendrix associate (and later Stevie Wonder), then veered off into a study of a damaged con man! 

It might have been the drugs I was on at the time, but I was hooked on how bonkers his story was, and there was probably more not reported too.  I just happened to look last night and it is still on there (saying it expires in 9 months time).  I had another watch last night and enjoyed it again.

I thought I would share as I think some of my fellow Basschatters would appreciate it too, if they haven't come across it before.

I don't know if this link will work - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jb6v/arena-the-changin-times-of-ike-white

Last time I also found the tracks from his album are on Spotify.