Why become a member? ×

Neumann Ndh30 with Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen

BassBeast

What’s the problem you’re trying to solve?

If it’s simply volume, check the impedance of your headphones - I know for example that Beyerdynamic studio headphones have different impedances for different uses. In fact, interestingly it says here on the DT770 page:

Please Note - We recommend 80 Ohm headphones if you’re planning to use them alongside an audio interface such as the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or another device with a less powerful headphone amp. These headphones have a lower impedance, which means you don’t have to crank your interface’s headphone volume to get a clear and loud signal. If you’re using studio-grade hardware with a powerful headphone amp, consider using 250 Ohm headphones instead.”

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro-80-ohms/16563?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqhiHGsDP8LitZfMHyEqn-9IOV5BedsU3K9YVGxWbr9cxjJKGXsm2HRoCwLoQAvD_BwE

So from that, it suggests that if the problem is volume, you might need (as you say) a headphone amp.