Why become a member? Ɨ

Vox 'Standard' Bass

bawjohnson

Hi allĀ šŸ‘‹

Here, for your consideration is and early 80s Vox Standard Bass, swapped for Squier Jazz way back when - modded with an extra split P and scratchplate, plus 3 way knob - there used to be no scratchplate so the pickup was a bit more stealth, however fancied the look of a stingray-esque guard on it, and thought a whimsical Vox cloth design (courtesy of gig.ink) would be the way to go... šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Weighs an absolute ton (maple laminate) but a fine player.

Ā 

May consider selling if anyone fancies it, or even better swap for a black Mexican precision with rosewood board with cash your way... šŸ¤˜šŸ»

IMG_1057.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

IMG_1061.jpeg

• Like 1

Very cool! IĀ  still have mine,Ā  and yes, they do weigh loads, IĀ  didn't even think about it when I was young. IĀ  modified mine to fretless,Ā  and changed the headstock to 3+1 soĀ  it actually fits in a normal bag! Also stripped all the paint off, not the best idea, as the Butcher block construction is not in the slightest attractive. The DiMarzio pickup is great though! IĀ  donā€™t use it anymore as I'mĀ  on short scales.Ā 

20231126_142255.thumb.jpg.2176be115ea7c5edd9daf49c7d6a6d89.jpg20231126_142059.thumb.jpg.00466d3d409b9b92e7191cc864cbeda8.jpgVery cool! IĀ  still have mine,Ā  and yes, they do weigh loads, IĀ  didn't even think about it when I was young. IĀ  modified mine to fretless,Ā  and changed the headstock to 3+1 soĀ  it actually fits in a normal bag! Also stripped all the paint off, not the best idea, as the Butcher block construction is not in the slightest attractive. The DiMarzio pickup is great though! IĀ  donā€™t use it anymore as I'mĀ  on short scales.Ā