Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Soundgear SR655, with Darkglass Tone Capsule - PRICE DROP £375
£500
Peebles, Scotland

robiredale

Here's my Ibanez SR655 in Antique Brown Stain. I've had it a couple of years as a backup, seen a few practices and home use. There's a bit of wear under the strings that I've pointed out in one of the pictures, but its in great condition otherwise. Everything works as it should.

This link contains a load of details on it https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/SR655.

I had a Darkglass Tone Capsule installed instead of the usual Ibanez electronics - a very good preamp. That, combined with the PJ pickup configuration makes it a versatile bass. I'll include the original Ibanez one in the sale.

Its wearing a Dimarzio Cliplock strap currently, which will be included in the sale. I am currently hunting around for the original strap buttons and will include in the sale if I turn them up in time!

Happy to post at buyers expense.

Get in touch if any further info needed, thanks for looking!

20231111_183012.jpg

20231111_183028.jpg

20231111_183048.jpg

20231111_183058.jpg

Edited by robiredale
Price drop
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • robiredale changed the title to Ibanez Soundgear SR655, with Darkglass Tone Capsule - PRICE DROP £375
  • 2 months later...

hey all. this is still here.

weight is around 3.8kg on my kitchen scales.

balance is good sat down and standing - like all Soundgear basses its very comfortable to play as long as the thinnish neck is to your liking. this one's only for sale as i've two of them! it punches well above its price in my opinion.

let me know if you need any further info.

• Like 1

Hi again. Thanks for his info. I'm following videos on the sr655 and, just when I think I understand the role of the knobs in passive and active mode, I then wonder how/if the Darkglass Tone Capsule will change things?

So, I'm assuming when the 3 knobs are originally bass mid and treble, they change according to the standard Darkglass schema to Bass - MidLow -MidHigh - or are yours customised (apparently they can be)?

Then, when in passive mode, is your treble (now MidHigh) the tone control as per the original Ibanez intention?

100% correct about the bass in active mode. Bass/mid/treble is now bass/low mid/hi mid.

Since its a modern sounding bass anyway there is plenty of high end available without having the treble knob, and the hi mid control is lot more useful to me. I find the same with my dingwall, which has the same preamp installed.

I will double check about the tone control in passive mode.

• Like 1

Thanks 

On 26/04/2024 at 18:24, caio said:

Hello. How much this bass weight? And how is the balance?

On 26/04/2024 at 18:24, caio said:

Hello. How much this bass weight? And how is the balance?

I'd be interested in the weight too.

Edited by AdrianG

Hi Adrian - I posted this on Saturday: don't know if you missed it? Pasted below.

hey all. this is still here.

weight is around 3.8kg on my kitchen scales.

balance is good sat down and standing - like all Soundgear basses its very comfortable to play as long as the thinnish neck is to your liking. this one's only for sale as i've two of them! it punches well above its price in my opinion.

let me know if you need any further info.

• Like 1