Why become a member? ×

Bass Mods KM5 - Reserved until 15.11 to Sami in Finland :0) - *SOLD*
£1150
Denmark

Thomas P

Well here's one you don't see often.

Absolutely mint condition Bass Mods KM5, upgraded with Aguilar PU package.

Definitely on level with the many other 5 string Jazz Basses that I have had over the year from Sadowsky Japan, Mike Lull and F-Clef just to mention a few.

Retail new would likely be around 2200-2500 £ with import charges from US and VAT.

Ash body, maple neck and fretboard with inlays

34" scale, > 4 kg, 45 mm neck width at saddle, 78mm at 21st. fret. 19 mm string spacing. Fretboard radius around 18"

Pleck'ed frets i.e. as good and even as it gets.

Aguilar PU package with AG 5M/J-HC i.e. split coil neck and parallel MM at bridge

Pre-amp is Bass Mods own noiseless 18V consisting of Volume, Balance, active passive swith, stacked bass & treble, mid with 3 way switch for frequencies, likely 250/500/750 or 300/600/900 Hz. 

Tuners from Hipshot, no sure of the bridge but quality on par with the best.

Color really depending on surrounding light. If bright it's silver changing to almost gold'ish in darker rooms.

Shipping in well packed but used Gator soft case. If hardshell Gator case required add 60£.

Perfectly happy with it, just on the look out for something towards a Musicman 5 sound.

Trade options welcome however only 5 strings.

Link to my bass from the shop it came from.

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

Edited by Thomas P
Added content
  • Like 11

• Thomas P changed the title to Bass Mods KM5 - Reserved until 15.11 to Sami in Finland :0)

Yes somebody did a wonderful job.

This instrument more than provides everything I could possible ask for.

A very special feature that you get to notice after a while is that the pre-amp doesn`t just raise the treble level.

What it does is introduce “air” around the tone. Never ear shattering sharp metallic zing, it just opens up the sound

and allow the higher register of a tone to be noticed. A quality in a pre-amp I`ve only heard in the 19” rack mounted Glockenklang BassArt I`ve had in the past.

There`s still a very few instruments out there that I`d like to try before putting this hobby/musical lifestyle to bed.

Xotic XB-2 that Carmine Rojas used for a period while playing with Joe Bonamassa in the 2010`s and a Keith Roscoe

Lg3005/lg5. But honestly, more of couriosity than anything else. A lefelong experience is that more expensive instruments doesn`t make you play better. Look better maybe, but the rest is down to practice and talent 🙂

Edited by Thomas P

• Thomas P changed the title to Bass Mods KM5 - Sold. Add open until shipped