Why become a member? ×

NBD Ibanez BTB805MS

Thump

After a long time thinking about it and flip flopping on choice of a new bass, I spotted this online and it instantly drew all my attention. I have looked at Btb's for several years and nearly bought one in the USA a few years back.

I always thought i could never do an instrument like this any justice when it came to playing. It turns out i don't care 🤷‍♂️  

Still playing around with the mid frequency switch and discovering what it does. So far it's incredible , nicely set up straight from the box , neeeearly in tune with one or two strings needing a tweak only.

5 string is entirely new to me and so is multi scale and i have to say i'm loving both. That low B string...oh man that sounds goooood. Clear as a bell , meaty as hell. Love me some beef.

The sounds it can push out are punishing my little 25W orange amp , the poor little 8" speaker was farting its life away at a tiny tweak of bass boost with the amp eq flat. Good enough reason for something else i reckon 😬

Here are the obligatory pictures , the only i have taken so far

Btb.jpg

Btb2.jpg

• Like 10