Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBPH Peter Hook bass Limited Edition - Price drop to £920 - *SOLD*
£980
DROITWICH

boristhespider7

Yamaha BBPH Peter Hook bass
This is a limited edition bass which is now discontinued by Yamaha. From what I've read online there were only about 352 basses made (I'm not sure if this is worldwide or UK only - but the majority were just for the UK market)
Great condition, includes original gig bag, case candy and overlay for control panel which comes with the new bass.

I brought this new during the Covid lockdown.
Looking closely this has 1 very small dent next to the controls, which is hard to see unless you are looking very close to the body. You can see this in one of the photos next to a 1p penny for size. But it is not noticeable at first sight. It's only a couple of mm and has not gone through the body finish.
Plastic is still on the control panel plate.
Strings have been recently changed, but i'll throw the original strings in as well.
You are very welcome to come and try the bass out. I also have a Clone theory pedal (not for sale) all set up if you're after that Hooky tone!
I'm also open to a Zoom/Whatsapp/Teams video call if that would be helpful to you.
Only selling as I now have more basses than i'll use and the Joy Division / New order project I got this for is at a stand still, so this isn't getting used.

Afraid i'm only looking at cash on collection as there are far too many scams around on paypal and bank transfers, plus i don't trust couriers (most of whom don't fully insure instruments).

I may be able to travel to a mutual location and my band (Sounds of Seattle) travels around England and Welsh borders a fair amount so that's another possibility.

What Yamaha says:

Peter Hook pioneered a singular style that defied convention and became a defining aspect of the sound of Joy Division and later New Order. The Peter Hook Signature BB combines elements of his favorite BB1200S and the BB734A he currently plays on tour with Peter Hook & The Light.

Combines elements of the BB1200S and BB734A basses
Reversed VSP7n Split Single Pickup
Active preamp with 3-band EQ and active / passive switch
3-piece alder / maple / alder body
Red finish inspired by Peter Hook’s favorite BB1200S
Limited Edition in Europe

General Specifications
General    Construction    Bolt-on (6-bolt miter neck joint)
Scale Length    34" (863.6 mm)
Body    Body Materials    Alder / Maple / Alder construction
Body Finish    Gloss Polyurethane
Neck    Neck Materials    Maple / Mahogany 5pcs
Neck Finish    Satin Polyurethane
Fingerboard Materials    Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius    10" (250 mm)
Fret wire    Medium
Number of frets    21
Nut materials    Graphtech
Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret    40.0 / 56.3 mm
Thickness @ 1st Fret / 12th Fret    21.0 / 23.0 mm
Electronics    Neck Pickup    Reversed VSP7n : Split Single Coil / Alnico V
Middle Pickup    -
Bridge Pickup    -
Controls    Master Volume, 3-BAND EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble), Active / Passive Switch.
Pickup Switch    -
Hardware    Bridge    Vintage Plus : Convertible stringing, Brass Saddle, Steel Plate
String spacing    19 mm
Tailpiece    -
Tuning Machines    Lightweight Open Gear
Pickguard    -
Others    String gauge    D'Addario EXL-170 / 0.045-0.100
Case    Gig bag

there are far too many scams around on paypal and bank transfers, plus i don't trust couriers (most of whom don't fully insure instruments), so i'm only looking at cash on collection.

What Yamaha says:

Peter Hook pioneered a singular style that defied convention and became a defining aspect of the sound of Joy Division and later New Order. The Peter Hook Signature BB combines elements of his favorite BB1200S and the BB734A he currently plays on tour with Peter Hook & The Light.

Combines elements of the BB1200S and BB734A basses
Reversed VSP7n Split Single Pickup
Active preamp with 3-band EQ and active / passive switch
3-piece alder / maple / alder body
Red finish inspired by Peter Hook’s favorite BB1200S
Limited Edition in Europe

IMG_20231016_135250162.jpg

IMG_20231016_135241497.jpg

IMG_20231016_135304062_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231016_135312751.jpg

IMG_20231016_135322998.jpg

IMG_20231016_135457097.jpg

IMG_20231016_135234857.jpg

IMG_20231016_135152307.jpg

IMG_20231016_135406773.jpg

Edited by boristhespider7
SOLD
  • Like 10

On 08/09/2023 at 07:34, BassAdder60 said:

IMG_4743.thumb.jpeg.96baebae7dfcf248fd54594c1b095480.jpeg

Never gave it much thought about the sliders on my ABM600 

Taking the roqsolid cover off always seems to turn the rotary knobs a bit though ! 

14 minutes ago, Munurmunuh said:

Review/demo of this deeeply tempting bass. 

If my knackered left shoulder wasn't demanding only ultralight basses, I'd be trying to buy this right this second. Ahhhhh.

Good point, if anyone wants the weight, let me know and i'll try and get the scales out

4 minutes ago, Brian18242 said:

Still for sale or gone? Seriously tempted by this. Is the neck radius quite flat? My preferred type of neck

Still for sale at the mo.

Wouldn't really class it as super flat. It's similar to a Fender P radius, but a smidgen flatter (10" compared to 9.5" on Fender P)

• boristhespider7 changed the title to Yamaha BBPH Peter Hook bass Limited Edition - Price drop to £920
  • boristhespider7 changed the title to Yamaha BBPH Peter Hook bass Limited Edition - Price drop to £920 *SOLD*