Why become a member? ×

TheGreek

On 12/10/2023 at 18:37, TheGreek said:

Just been browsing on Gumtree and there's a quite nice looking red semi acoustic bass by Gear4Music for not a lot.

I've seen loads of their gear for not a lot. I accept its probably entry level gear - similar to HB - but the difference in build quality can't be so wide that HB are regarded highly while G4M has seemingly no following. 

Does anybody have any experience of G4M gear?

Hi

I've had and own Fenders, Ricky's and Hofners ect and in July went watching Generation Sex at The Apollo in Manchester and was blown away and curious about what their bass player was playing

My post is below (Plus 2 pic's) and you will see the reactions from folk............ Mine was £129 plus a few mods but I'm still gigging it because its light, plays bang on and if it gets nicked or damaged then it's not the end of the world! Mines nicknamed "Ronnie" for obvious reasons

Ronnie.jpg

Ronnie gig.jpg

In the sax world, they sell own branded entry level instruments. Issue is that where they are made depends on who's giving them the best deal at the moment. This leads to variation in quality: some are really good and some decidedly less so, but a lot of people like them (but accept the constraints of the price point).  

• Like 1