Why become a member? ×

Roland Go Mixer Pro X - inconsistent volume?

cyril233

Could anyone who knows about this product help me with this - The guitar/bass sound is not picked up very well by the phone unless played really hard, and it sounds like a noise threshold gate is applied, and when volume is below threshold, all sounds are muted out?

I'm trying to record bass on my Samsung S22 using the default camera app. Phone is connected via 3.5mm-USBc cable, and the Roland mixer is powered by USB-USBc cable by another device. 

Edited by cyril233

22 minutes ago, cyril233 said:

Could anyone who knows about this product help mme with this - The guaitar/bass sound is not picked up very well by the phone unless played really hard, and it sounds like a noise threshold gate is applied, and when volume is below threshold, all sounds are muted out?

I'm trying to record bass on my Samsung S22 using the default camera app. Phone is connected via 3.5mm-USBc cable, and the Roland mixer is powered by USB-USBc cable by another device. Did I do it wrong...?

Thanks in advance!

By far most phones have a software based HPF build in, cutting off the low end of what is recorded.

You need a special recording app to bypass that.

Further more you will also need an external microphone that is build to be able pick up and handle the lows frequencies that a bass produces properly, which the build in microphone of your phone won't do either.

You are probably right about your phone also having a software based noise reduction function build in as well, that a proper app made with the purpose of recording music live should be able to bypass as well though.

Can't really help you with suggestion of the proper app and external microphone to use though, not really that well versed in smart phones, but I am sure someone on the forum will know and be able to help you out.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

• cyril233 changed the title to Roland Go Mixer Pro X - inconsistent volume?