Why become a member? ×

Insertion Loss - is the EMG abc control the answer?

Pirellithecat

The updated PJ shared gigging duties last night.  Works a treat!  My old basses (just finished fettling my MIJ Squier P too) are now both excellent beasts.    Very different, both really good to play, really nice necks, and both sound very good  (but not using the same EQ!!). 
Used live, the absence of insertion loss and a blend knob make life much easier.   The EMG set-up sounds good - nice punchy pickups (Geezer Butler PJ)which blend well, making the tone control on the bass (nice to have but) fairly redundant. 
It's remarkable how different the PJ sounds to the P, even with the P pup soloed - both nice but completely different.  I suspect that if I were looking fo new (additional) basses now I would be looking active, or a single pick-up solution to see how those set-ups compare ...............   I'd definitely like to see how a Stingray (Sterling ...) or the Sandberg Central compare in the wild ......... but other things to sort first on the PA/IEM front.  So maybe December ............ Christmas after all.