Why become a member? ×

Roland JC-50 Jazz Chorus 50-Watt 1x12" amplifier - Price drop to £325 - *SOLD*
£350
London SE4

toneknob

This is the classic Roland JC-50 guitar combo - much sought-after thanks to its classic clean and chorus sounds and relied on by players such as Johnny Marr, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Andy Summers, Larry Coryell, Robert Smith, Billy Duffy, Roger Hodgson, Joe Strummer, Prince, Steve Hackett, Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, Steve Rothery and Jeff Buckley. Using an online Roland serial number decoder, the production date for s/n 218079 is August 1982.

Condition: The amp has been in my possession for around 20 years, and has seen mostly home/studio usage and some light gigging. As expected for an amp of this age, some cosmetic marks and scratches to the amp are obvious, especially on the back surface. However the amp is sturdy and robust and was clearly built to last. Also evident in the photos is that the rear panel has some missing screws - again this has no effect on the security and stability of the back panel, and I expect that these screws could be easily replaced. All control knobs and switches work as expected throughout their range. Some control knobs, when turned, produce a light crackle when in motion, but nothing out of the ordinary for an amp of this age. There is no unwanted residual crackle or interference from the controls when the amp is in normal in use.

Specification:
Solid state guitar combo amplifier
Speaker: 1x12 inch Roland driver
Power: 50W RMS into 8 ohms
Front Panel: High/Low inputs, Brilliance On/Off, Volume, Treble, Bass, Distorion, Reverb, Chorus Speed/Depth/Vibrato-Chorus-Off selector switch

Back Panel: fuse, headphone socket, footswitch socket for Chorus/Distortion/Reverb
Dimensions: 55cm x 50cm x 24cm
Weight: 18kg

Collection: I have no packaging for the amp, so local pickup is preferred from London SE4. However I am happy to meet in central London (or other London location by agreement) to exchange - but please consider this as "delivery" rather than an opportunity to try-out or inspect, ie the transaction will need to be completed in advance of exchange. Locations preferred: London Bridge, Waterloo, Charing Cross stations - please get in touch to discuss if you're interested, or to enquire about other locations.

I'm also advertising on eBay and reverb.com, where you'll see the same photos - but a lower price for basschat.

Any questions - please ask!

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 2

• toneknob changed the title to Roland JC-50 Jazz Chorus 50-Watt 1x12" amplifier - Price drop to £325
  • 3 weeks later...
  • toneknob changed the title to Roland JC-50 Jazz Chorus 50-Watt 1x12" amplifier - Price drop to £325 SOLD