Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing the water....

NickSpector

I am currently looking at buying myself a TVR as a project car to do up and possibly race. So, I'm gonna test the water with these basses to raise some dosh:

First up is a Fender Jazz Deluxe USA 5 string, with Rosewood board:

It's the one at the bottom in that pic. I've since fitted a new pearloid pickguard, which can be seen here:

It's got a chip on the top of the body, under where you rest your arm. I bought it like this back in 06. It's been gigged 3 times in its entire life, and is sat not doing much. I can get better pics tomorrow. I'm looking for £1000 for this.

Second up is my Rockbass Corvette SE. This really is a nice bass, with MEC Gold pickups and 2 band MEC pre amp (as fitted to my Thumb LTD Edition). It sounds like a fatter fender Jazz to my ears.

Virtually mint condition. Looking for £250 ONO.

Finally, but sadly with no pics (yet), is my 1987 Fender Squire Japan Precision bass. This is one of the 'E' series of basses produced in the mid 80s, with a 32 inch scale. It's a very very easy bass to play, and sounds very vintage. You can see how Japanese Squires built their reputation when you play this bass. It's got some wear on it, and I'll post pics later. I'm looking for around £300, but offers are welcome.

[quote name='Kongo' post='480582' date='May 6 2009, 12:38 AM']Good choice with TVR.
If only the Jazz had a maple board. :)[/quote]

Aye, it's gonna be a helluva effort to get one, even one with a buggered clutch and interior, but I have the means to store it and source parts. I just need the initial financial clout and the car is mine. Now buy that Jazz. ;-)

[quote name='OldGit' post='480671' date='May 6 2009, 09:19 AM']Nice collection ..

TVR racing gas eh? :) I guess you'll be selling the rest of yoru basses soon then ...

Where are you?[/quote]

Heh, never selling my 80s Spector! EVER! I'm in York, btw.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='NickSpector' post='480580' date='May 6 2009, 12:34 AM']I am currently looking at buying myself a TVR as a project car to do up and possibly race. So, I'm gonna test the water with these basses to raise some dosh:

First up is a Fender Jazz Deluxe USA 5 string, with Rosewood board:

It's the one at the bottom in that pic. I've since fitted a new pearloid pickguard, which can be seen here:

It's got a chip on the top of the body, under where you rest your arm. I bought it like this back in 06. It's been gigged 3 times in its entire life, and is sat not doing much. I can get better pics tomorrow. I'm looking for £1000 for this.

Second up is my Rockbass Corvette SE. This really is a nice bass, with MEC Gold pickups and 2 band MEC pre amp (as fitted to my Thumb LTD Edition). It sounds like a fatter fender Jazz to my ears.

Virtually mint condition. Looking for £250 ONO.

Finally, but sadly with no pics (yet), is my 1987 Fender Squire Japan Precision bass. This is one of the 'E' series of basses produced in the mid 80s, with a 32 inch scale. It's a very very easy bass to play, and sounds very vintage. You can see how Japanese Squires built their reputation when you play this bass. It's got some wear on it, and I'll post pics later. I'm looking for around £300, but offers are welcome.[/quote]

Owdo,
have you still got the Squier?
Is it 3 tone S/B with R/B?
Cheers

DEs