Why become a member? ×

(Sorta) NBD Jim Harley Pbass

neil___lien

22 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Jim Dunlop and Harley Davidson...

New 'Potato Potato' version of the 'Wah Wah'...

While I'd love a "Potato Potato" pedal it sounds like it possibly would have more in common with the Korg Miku pedal than the "Wah Wah" pedal, like the Western expression pedal format version of the Miku pedal.

What I'd love even more though would be a "Tomato Potato" pedal, with modes reflecting all possible combinations of the two vegetables, including accounting for the two different pronunciations each respectively from that famous song.

I got a feeling we would make a great pedal concept designer team. :i-m_so_happy:

You provide the basic concepts, I elaborate on them, and the pedal engineering team makes them a reality.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

So.. it's been a few months & people have mentioned a couple of times how harsh i was in my initial post about the bass. I guess i was writing from a place of frustration & stress.. 

I mainly play a Cort B4FL these days, but every now and then i will bring out the Jim Harley.. and it's actually a very cool bass. Plenty of mojo. Played it last night & haven't had to tune it again since last month when i put it away. 

I was considering selling it for a bit of cash as i also plan to move in the next few months from Spain to France, but then again, those second hand platforms here in Spain are horrible & i'd rather give the bass away to a friend here. I am glad i spent the time fixing it, & i am sure he will like it. I've recieved compliments at rehearsals and on instagram or even in this thread about the sounds i was getting out of that bass & playing it last night made me feel i need to make things right by posting about it. It is a great player, with a fast neck, that makes all the right noises, despite the name on the headstock & the negative reviews on Audiofanzine. Obviously, mine has almost nothing in common anymore with whatever came out of the factory hehe...

Anyway.. those are my conclusions. Am glad i brought it back to life!

• Like 3