Why become a member? ×

Labella Black Nylon 50-105 vs D'Addario tapes

Paolo85

Hi all,

So, what are the differences between these LaBella black tapes 50-105 and the D'Addario tapes of the same gauge?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/la_bella_750n_black_nylon_l.htm

I have tried the D'Addario a few times. I like them but the G is maybe a bit tinny.

As for LaBellas, I have tried the 60-115 and I like the sound really a lot, but while they are not high tension, they are a bit too stiff for me.

P.S. as we are talking about the LaBellas, do you know why very very few sellers sell this gauge?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Paolo85 said:

Hi all,

So, what are the differences between these LaBella black tapes 50-105 and the D'Addario tapes of the same gauge?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/la_bella_750n_black_nylon_l.htm

I have tried the D'Addario a few times. I like them but the G is maybe a bit tinny.

As for LaBellas, I have tried the 60-115 and I like the sound really a lot, but while they are not high tension, they are a bit too stiff for me.

P.S. as we are talking about the LaBellas, do you know why very very few sellers sell this gauge?

Thanks

Never got on with the Labellas, shame as the 105-45 set is very,very low tension but I just found that as soon as I played them in a band mix my bass just vanished in the mix, Daddario tapes seem a little better in that regard, in terms of tension the Labellas 105-45 will be noticeably looser feeling than the Daddarios

• Thanks 1