Why become a member? ×

*NOW FILLED* North Birmingham covers band requires bassist

EJWW

I am stepping down from my position as bassist in a long established and busy covers band based around North Birmingham. 

It is a 5 piece band comprising guitar, bass, drums, keys and vox and play a set of well known tunes in the genres of rock, pop, reggae and ska. 

Average 2 gigs a month booked up to 1 year in advance working around band members' holidays etc. Mostly pubs with a few festivals and the occasional private function thrown in as well. 

The energy of the band is incredible and although all members are in their 50s they bounce around like mad things and smash it every single night.

I am stepping down on good terms and remain mates but the reason is I'm getting exhausted trying to hold down a shift work job, young family, and the band, and something has got to give.

I would say being a reliable and easygoing team player is the most important quality of a potential new member as the set is quite straight forward bassline-wise and you will obviously need your own gear and transport although the band does have a van and we often travel together where possible. 

In summary: a well organised lovely bunch of guys who do it for the love of it. This is a great opportunity for someone. 

Please PM me for more info. Cheers.

Edited by EJWW

• EJWW changed the title to *NOW FILLED* North Birmingham covers band requires bassist