Why become a member? ×

Guts - Aquila £130 and Pirastro £50 - *SOLD*
£1234
Scotland

Hi guys,

post updated with the gut string still available, having sold a couple yesterday.

I’m selling some very interesting gut strings.

- First up my Aquila Gold Springs vintage G and D. These are wonderful exact reproductions of the Golden Spirals used by Charlie Haden, Scott Lafaro etc…hence but strings wrapped in nylon. I have had them only on one bass, played for 6 months, in which I have only used the bass for recording sessions and home practice, so no sweat damage at all and excellent condition. Here is the web link https://aquilacorde.com/negozio/corde-musica-moderna/contrabbasso-corde-musica-moderna/g-d-set/contrabbasso-gold-springs-vintage-set-g-d/

£130 for both D and G

- Finally, I have 1 x NEW OLD STOCK Pirastro pure gut D string “Gold Etikett”.
I don’t know when it came out of the factory, but as you can see from the photos they don’t make this model any longer. It is a wonderful new pure gut string, never been on a bass, it feels varnished so it is in perfect new condition with no fraying whatsoever . £50 

IMG_6068.jpeg

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6077.jpeg

IMG_6078.jpeg

IMG_6079.jpeg

IMG_6080.jpeg

Edited by Rabbie
photos added and amended post

• Rabbie changed the title to Guts - Aquila £130 and Pirastro £50

Photos added and post updated with strings still available. 
Aquila nylon-wrapped D&G £130 (would be over £200 new plus postage from Italy, tax etc…)

New Old Stock Pirastro £50 (difficult to price this, but a pure gut D would be at the very least around £120 if at all decent).

Actually, I haven’t quite found anything that sounds as good as these, so I’ve had a change of heart and I’m taking these off marketplace just now. 
I shall list other strings I’m not using instead.

• Rabbie changed the title to SOLD or No longer available Guts