Why become a member? ×

Orange SP212 with matching Orange flightcase - *SOLD*
£285
NW Wilts / W Berks

SOLD!!! Offered for sale is my SP212 Orange cab. This discontinued model was Orange's attempt at a smaller portable cab with 600w of power. The isobaric design means that the two 12" speakers are placed in front / behind each other, rather than side by side. This was always a cab that got comments of disbelief for being so small but so loud! Standing at 18.5" tall, it packs some serious volume.

IMG_1035.jpg.df1bf85d43fcb68d725452caa6d48a17.jpg

The tolex is in decent condition and I have never driven it hard. It's toured the UK with me and been used by a couple of semi-famous names (the tour manager who goes out regularly with most of the 80s rock bands in the USA said it was one of the best bass sounds he had ever heard. The downsides I can see from several years of ownership are 1) I have scralled band names on the flight case (mainly including it as it is of no use to me and I found it useful to sit the amp upon it onstage and 2) for a small cab it weighs more than you'd think - still fairly light at 20kg! 

I also have a heavy duty official orange gig cover for the option of going out without the flightcase.

I'm between Hungerford Berks and Aldbourne Wilts. Happy to look at local pickup options (meeting just off the motorway or happy to discuss options via PM). I won't entertain posting amps as they just wind up costing far too much. 

The official spec is;

Orange Smart Power SP212 Bass Guitar Speaker Cabinet Features:

600 Watt

8 Ohms

2 X 12" Lightweight Neodymium Eminence Speakers

State-of-art bass speaker cabinets

Dynamic and responsive tone

Quality Baltic birch plywood

Orange SmartPower SP212 Isobaric 2x12″ Bass Speaker Cabinet Features:

Inputs: Speakon and 1/4"

Power Handling: 600 watts RMS

Speakers: 2 X 12"³ Eminence Neodymium 300w

Impedance: 8 ohm

Dimensions: (W x H x D) 39x46x38cm, 15.25x18x15in

Weight: 20kg/44lb

Obviously the P-bass and Terror head in the picture are not included in the sale. 

Edited by Cat Burrito

A few shots taken today on my phone. No nicks to the tolex, a few tiny dark marks that may wash off with soap but generally around a 9 out of 10 for condition. I also just ran my head through it and I had forgotten how truly fantastic it sounds.

IMG_3174.jpg.559803babd0d5609996d9ebce4d0d7d3.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg.fd320153792cb1378f12fba4a0dafc6e.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg.f39093df2f87fd2da377e54043da26b8.jpg

• Cat Burrito changed the title to Orange SP212 with matching Orange flightcase SOLD