Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY Mark3 SERIES

Big old Peavey lump in great working order and fantastic condition, sounds as loud as it looks. According to the manual (have got a photocopy) it's 210watt 4ohms and 300watt 2ohms although the volume seems to far exceed these specs. Has a lot of tone shaping, 2 channels, one of which has parametric mid and the other standard bass middle treble plus the 6-band graphic which can be switched in or out of either channel. Also has compression switch which lights up when clipping is happening although it has such good headroom I've never seen it kick in! Active/passive inputs on both channels plus it also comes with the Automix A/B and combiner foot switch. Plug into the Automix input and you can switch channels or even combine the two. Looking at the back it looks to be a converted US model but this makes no difference to the sound at all, silent operation. Can also be bi-amped. I've had this since about August last year and in my hands it has only been rehearsed once a week and the usual bedroom noodling! Have moved on to Hartke hence the sale.

[attachment=24694:02052009380.jpg][attachment=24692:02052009378.jpg][attachment=24691:02052009377.jp
g][attachment=24693:02052009379.jpg][attachment=24690:02052009376.jpg]

As it's a bit of a lump it's collection only from Woking, looking for £100ono, no trades.

Colin

Edited by barneyg42

I've got one of these and I really like it, to the point where I wouldn't sell it because it's so useful, especially the two-channel facility!

There's a lot of reasons why Peavey aren't a fashionable brand these days but I can remember the time when there was one of these heads in every rehearsal room in the country just about!

Mine came with an old no-brand 1x15 when I bought it on Bassworld 3 years ago, and it's great for some old-skool bass sounds.. :)

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

That's a HUGE retro head...HUGE!!!
It's true Peavey ain't too hot these days.
Only £100 huh? I'm looking for a new head and cab but I don't think this has enough guts for my band...LOVE that retro vibe though.
But going through 8ohms...It's gonna be reduced to little power...
*sigh* and I could Bi-amp with it too...

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='481306' date='May 6 2009, 06:40 PM']That's a HUGE retro head...HUGE!!!
It's true Peavey ain't too hot these days.
Only £100 huh? I'm looking for a new head and cab but I don't think this has enough guts for my band...LOVE that retro vibe though.
But going through 8ohms...It's gonna be reduced to little power...
*sigh* and I could Bi-amp with it too...[/quote]

Don't you believe it, it really kicks out!
I've been using it with my Ashdown 2x10 and 1x15 so running at 4ohms and it wiped my band out, drums,gitard,keys and a ballsy singer.

Colin

[quote name='Kongo' post='481313' date='May 6 2009, 06:46 PM']Lemmie have a think...I may have use for this in my playing somewhere...Hell I just want some retro and that price is...silly low...[/quote]
Retro but functional. Having two channels is a hoot. You can even overdrive one and blend the master on it in to grunge it up a bit. I had it set up for a fretless and a five string and one click on the footswitch and the sound is changed.

C. :)

[quote name='barneyg42' post='481318' date='May 6 2009, 06:52 PM']Retro but functional. Having two channels is a hoot. You can even overdrive one and blend the master on it in to grunge it up a bit. I had it set up for a fretless and a five string and one click on the footswitch and the sound is changed.

C. :)[/quote]

Any chance this won't sell by the weekend?
I'm waving petrol money at my dad so we can come down in the weekend.
I'm thinking of going 2 outputs on my bass and Bi-Amping would be awesome. Even if I can't use it in the band it'll be awesome to try at least.

Only need a small ponder but I'm pretty much sure I fancy a go with this.

edit: Actually after reading about how it blows your band appart I think I'll give this a go.
I'll wave the petrol money and I'll be down to grab it.
£100 you say? Cool!

Edited by Kongo

Just like to say thanks for understanding I cannot make it to Surrey.
I was, and always am, genuine when I say I'm going to buy something so thank you for being polite.

Anyways, this head is a steal folks...Buy it now it's ancient!
I unfortunatly cannot.

It does Bi-Amping, 2 channels etc...Any metal fan would want it.
Think of that 2 channel fun you could have!

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='482242' date='May 7 2009, 06:14 PM']Just like to say thanks for understanding I cannot make it to Surrey.
I was, and always am, genuine when I say I'm going to buy something so thank you for being polite.

Anyways, this head is a steal folks...Buy it now it's ancient!
I unfortunatly cannot.

It does Bi-Amping, 2 channels etc...Any metal fan would want it.
Think of that 2 channel fun you could have![/quote]
No probs, they do turn up every now and then, you might get some luck up your way. It's a bugger, my mum lives in Loughborough but I won't be able to get up there for a while with work and finances etc.

Thanks for the bump!

Colin

[quote name='barneyg42' post='482247' date='May 7 2009, 06:18 PM']No probs, they do turn up every now and then, you might get some luck up your way. It's a bugger, my mum lives in Loughborough but I won't be able to get up there for a while with work and finances etc.

Thanks for the bump!

Colin[/quote]

Yeah and I need a (bass) head too...I have posted to another after I let you know because I really need one, being honest.
But if I coulda got to this I would have...2 channels is a great feature and last night at rehearsal, borrowing equipment again (doh) I used a 200 watt Trace Elliot (my fav!) that blew the Drop-B guitars appart so I am now educated that low Wattage does not mean low volume.

Edited by Kongo

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='barneyg42' post='509435' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:44 PM']Sold to Silverfoxnik![/quote]
Cheers Colin!

Good to see you again and look forward to seeing you at the next SE Bash, which hopefully with be in the autumn..

Nik