Why become a member? ×

Tech21 B-112-VT vs. Ashdown RM 210 EVO II- advice?

G-Lo

Hi, getting back into bass and looking for a cab to match an Ashdown Ant. I want it for a range of styles, sometime in it's future there's likely to be a sub bass generator thrown at it, home use and praccy with a LOUD drummer and give it time, possibly some smaller gigs. 

The Ashdown seems to be great, found the Tech21 at a decent price for B stock. I'm struggling to find much in the way of reviews for it. Any opinions welcome.

Sadly I can't realistically buy from bc as I live in Cyprus and posting a cab from the UK is a non- starter due to cost.

I suspect the Tech is a better option but without being able to try them, who knows?

If it were me, I'd think that Tech21 aren't widely known for much beyond preamps and effects, so I'd be a bit wary of trying one of their cabs. The Ashdown would appear to be a safer bet in terms of a known quantity, and in particular if anything goes wrong with it you'd find more resources to help.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm starting to lean that way. Plus some nice folk have also advised me that cabs tend to be tuned best for same brand amps, so it's the way to go. 

Now for the next decisions- 2x10, 1x12 or 1x15.... :D

• 2 weeks later...