Why become a member? ×

Thought I'd say Hi

YouBass

Hi

Just joined the forum - looks great and full of friendly helpful people..

Been playin' bass for over 25yrs but believe me I'm still learning - sometime it seems like I'm just beginning.

Play in a six piece covers band in the south-east (seven if the sax player turns up) mainly for private parties, dances and charitee things. Been together about ten years now. I enjoy all kinds of music but basically I'm an old rocker!

Main bass is my Stingray 4 - keep trying others but always come back to her - but also use an 80's Fender Vintage Reissue 57 Precision (very nice bass) and a fretless Ricky 4003. Tried a 5 string Warwick a few years back but couldn't get on with it.

Used to have an original Ashdown ABM 200 115 - great sound but too heavy to lug around so changed to an Ampeg Portabass 250 and 210 cab - OK this doesn't get the best of reviews but it sounds great, has all the volume and depth I need (and we are loud - we have 4 x Mackie 450's in the pa) and is really easy to transport. Just got hold of an Ashdown Little Giant 350 as a back up - tried it for first time at rehearsal yesterday and liked what I heard. Going to give it a proper run at a gig tomorrow night.

That's me then - looking forward to getting involved in the forum and for learning some more....

Cheers :)

Welcome to the forum, Nice setup!

I am sure you will pickup a whole bunch of Tips/Tricks & ideas on this site, Some cracking and very generous members on here who are always willing to help.

Catch up soon,

Justin.

[quote name='mrdirtyrob' post='477485' date='May 2 2009, 02:16 AM']Hello! I quite like the look of those Ashdown Little Giants, It'd be good to hear your opinion.[/quote]

I'll post my thoughts on the Little Giant tomorrow - Cheers.