Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anyone have an idea how to tab this bassline for me.

Jacob-g

Long story short im last minute filling in for a band who are playing at my mates 21st birthday party, ive got most of the songs down but one has me absolutely stumped (considering i cant find a single bass tab for it and thats what ive been relying on :P) the song is - 

Tradjic Roundabout - Stone roses 

- or even if someone could just put me in a direction on how to write this song out for myself that would also be great im just trying to find anyway to play it as his party is on friday!

As everyone there knows ive never really touched an instrument in my life there not expecting much! - which is why i want to come out and play this bassline like a boss :)

Just had a noodle around. I don’t generally write tab out but It’s something like this in the A major key:

VERSE

E

A - 2  2   0  0           4  2    020

D.                    2  0

G

CHORUS

E

A -         4 4  4 4 4 4 0 2 2 2 222 

D- 2 0

G

I’m on my phone trying to be quiet so can’t hear it all that clearly. It’s not continuous throughout the song - he kind of  plays a bar misses a bar - so you’ll have to keep listening and figure it out. 

Edited by How1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, How1 said:

Just had a noodle around. I don’t generally write tab out but It’s something like this in the A major key:

VERSE

E

A - 2  2   0  0           4  2    020

D.                    2  0

G

CHORUS

E

A - 2 4 4  4 4 4 4 0 2 2 2 222 2 222 (or similar)

D

G

I’m on my phone trying to be quiet so can’t hear it all that clearly. It’s not continuous throughout the song - he kind of  plays a bar misses a bar - so you’ll have to keep listening and figure it out. 

LEGEND! mate thank you, this is gonna save my derrière from humiliation :D 

Don't worry. At first, just concentrate on chords, write them down. If the song is very special on bass - try to remember the style You would like to play. Write it down and mark it !!! All the unisons or special parts - try to train and remember or write them down as notes (not tabs). Train as long as possible and it will be ok !!!