Why become a member? ×

Origin Cali76 advice

Rick05

12 hours ago, Killerfridge said:

Assuming you're ok with video, this one from IvanBassist really helped explain how to use it:

Essentially everything is directly translatable except the "all buttons in" mode, unless the Cali76 can do it via other means!

Amazing! Thank you so much

• Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 08:39, Rick05 said:

Awesome, thanks that’s a great option!  

I've run the Cali76 on a voltage doubler - that one, actually - and it works a treat! The pedal doesn't demand much current, so all should be well with your power supply. I've got a great power supply with 9,12 and 18v supply built in I'm using it with now, ultra cheap from Thomas and amazingly well built, and silent, too. IEC direct in. ISO-10PRO, I think it's called. Gets great reviews!

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2023 at 12:22, xroads said:

I always go for unity gain (i.e. same volume 

if you turn the pedal on and off).

When I first got my Cali I goooosed the output and there was so much gain running into my distortion pedals it was a real feedback fun fest. This is embarrassing but I shipped it back to Origin saying it was broken and he got it back and said bro this thing is fine you just have no idea what your doing ahaha. After learning how to use it and unity gain I was good to go, but worth noting its a gainy boy. Mine is one of the original big box ones tho so might be different will the smaller unit. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, greentext said:

When I first got my Cali I goooosed the output and there was so much gain running into my distortion pedals it was a real feedback fun fest. This is embarrassing but I shipped it back to Origin saying it was broken and he got it back and said bro this thing is fine you just have no idea what your doing ahaha. After learning how to use it and unity gain I was good to go, but worth noting its a gainy boy. Mine is one of the original big box ones tho so might be different will the smaller unit. 

Thanks, what settings do you run now?