Why become a member? ×

Anyone know what Darkglass customer service is like?

kwmlondon

I've got a Darkglass Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine (ADAM) and it just died in a rehearsal. One moment fine, the next totally dead - no lights, no live, nada. I checked the PSU, it works fine with another pedal. I called Anderton's and they said that it's out of warranty - bought 12 Jan 2022 - so they'll reach out to the distributors to see if they'll repair it. I just wondered if anyone knows what Darkglass are like, generally? I'm hoping they'll accept that it's a high-end product and fix it without my making a fuss (it's an expensive piece of kit and the consumer goods act would apply to something only 15 months old and very well taken care of, I've used the small claims court a couple of times before but I'd really rather not).

Anyone got any experience? I'll keep you posted on how this turns out too...

• Thanks 1

Well, this is embarrassing. Just heard back from Chris at Darkglass and he asked me to check a couple of things, like the PSU, and if I'd accidentally pressed the A&B buttons at the same time and accidentally put it into bypass mode.

What? 

*goes and plugs ADAM in and presses A&B at the same time to deactivate bypass mode*

FIXED!

So. We've learned a couple of things:

1. I don't read manuals.

2. The Darkglass ADAM has a bypass mode and when activated it looks like there's no power to the unit

3. Darkglass customer service come back quite quickly (and they replied on a Saturday which is above and beyond)

4. I'm a dufus.

5. I've got a spare DI/preamp/distortion pedal now!

Have a great weekend!

• Like 3