Why become a member? ×

Pre EB Sabre Series/Parallel Switch

d_g

Hi all, looking for a bit of wiring help here. I recently got hold of a 79 Sabre for a price in only triple figures. It's needed a bit of TLC but fully working now.

Like a lot of people I'm not fussed about the phase switch and am wondering about making it into something more useful like a series parallel switch.

I wondered whether anyone would be able to help with:

1. Diagram for removing the phase switch from the circuit altogether

2. How to convert neck pickup to 4 wires (I think I just need to cut and extend the wires that join the pickups but I'd like to check!

3. How to wire up the phase switch for use as a series/parallel for the neck pickup OR how to use a new DPDT on/on/on switch do do series/parallel and single coil in the same spot.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

04664881-FBFB-4605-A12B-ED2D56F154F0.thumb.jpeg.fb1e3a9957cb80db1d5938e6b6ef9edd.jpeg

• Like 1

Short comment on the serial/parallel/single switching: serial is obvious. But if you need a boost, choose single. If slightly different sound, parallel is your friend. I might make an educated guess that two options is a lot, and three just too much.

2 hours ago, itu said:

Short comment on the serial/parallel/single switching: serial is obvious. But if you need a boost, choose single. If slightly different sound, parallel is your friend. I might make an educated guess that two options is a lot, and three just too much.

Agreed, I find faith the both pickups open the stock

parallel sound is great.

I would like a solo neck pickup sound more in the realm of a P bass so hoping either series or single coil will get me closer than the current parallel setup 

• Like 1