Why become a member? ×

Behringer V-Amp 2, with case, footswitch, power supply £50 inc. delivery
£50
Edinburgh

mcnach

Yes, it's got the B word on it. No, not that one, I mean Behringer ;) Despite everything, they do make a few good bits of equipment, mixers come to mind, and this thing here, the V-Amp 2. 

It's a very easy to use amplifier/cab modeller, with a few added effects. I always liked the user interface on this. I hate having to search through menus to change this or that. Here everything is visible right n the unit. Each knob is surrounded by leds, so when you change parameters/presets the position of the knobs is automatically updated, which I find very useful.

It's designed with the amplifier models clearly directed at guitarists, so there's no easy way to emulate an SVT, for example, but it works pretty well for bass as well. I like it using the 'clean v-amp' and 'crunch v-amp' in particular, but the 'tube preamp' is also quite good (I don't mean the tube emulation is amazing, just that I like what it does to the bass sound).

No USB or anything like that, but you get:

1 input

1 aux input with dedicated volume control

1 headphone out

1 stereo Line out set (2 TS, use left one for mono)

and MIDI in/out if you want to control it that way.

The unit allows you to set the cab simulation to the stereo headphone out but not to the line out, for example, and other combinations, so that in can be used with a typical amplifier, or with a full-range system (monitors, PA...), or a mix of both.

The effects are simple but effective. Select the effect desired with the rotary wheel (some are combinations, like chorus + delay, or chorus + compression, etc. Then adjust the effect (2 parameters via the 'effects' knob), and done. Reverb has its own dedicated control.

I have used it a lot over the years but it's in great condition, cosmetic and otherwise. It comes with the power supply, case and footswitch.

Oh, and I replaced the internal battery last summer, so no surprises anytime soon, it'll last many years. It's a simple CR2032 battery like the one on computer motherboards, easy to replace but you need to open the unit for that so it takes 5 minutes: 10 seconds to replace the battery and 4'50'' to undo all the screws and back again :D

There was no mention of an internal battery on the manual when I bought it, so there were a few worrying reports of failures a few years after they came out... but a little battery is all that was needed.

The manual can be found online at Behringer's site, but I also have a hard copy that I will include.

IMG_20230312_195734053.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20230312_195747266.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20230312_195843376.jpg?dl=1

IMG_20230312_195723755.jpg?dl=1

Edited by mcnach

• mcnach changed the title to Behringer V-Amp 2, with case, footswitch, power supply £50 inc. delivery