Why become a member? ×

C4 Synth Signal Chain Question

Chadu25

Just wanted to get insights from those who have a C4 synth, where do you place it in your signal chain? I've seen people put it before compressors and what not. Just looking for ideas.

Planning to to get a C4 synth to replace my proton. My current rig goes bass>tuner>compressor>oc-2>proton>b7k ultra>out. What would be the ideal chain if I were to get the C4 Synth?

Edited by Chadu25
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’d put everything in the C4’s loop, then you can have a single preset which passes the signal from those pedals to the output without having the C4 be in use, but also allows you to route them in whatever way you like as part of a preset. 

I see, I'll definitely consider this. Might also get the disaster area micro so I can easily switch presets. So much I can do with the tones I'm after apart from synth related stuff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this! I've just got the C4 and absolutely love it! Have it early in my chain. I actually placed it after my OC-2 which is the first in my chain. Didn't want to let go of the OC-2 sound so I can focus on alot of modulation, filters and more experimental ambient presets that I need instead of filling all slots and going through alot. 

The pedal is absolutely killer! 

1b.jpeg

• Like 2