Why become a member? ×

Niche Double Bass Pickup! Headway HE5/G.FEQ.TS (Twin Saddle)

So I'm originally a guitarist for my sins! I tried a lot of different pickups for acoustic guitar and ended up absolutely swearing by a product called the Highlander IP2. Highlander are no longer in business but an english company called headway shine the torch with similar technology.

By these broad mathematical brush strokes in theory this pick up is going to sound absolutely awesome! (Not nasal quacky and for a piezo very natural and balanced high output feedback resistant.)

This product is very niche and does require small grooves routed into the bridge feet with maple pads underneath them which I think will put off some purists. For me that doesn't seemed that much more offensive than bridge adjusters or some other pick ups that drill into the bridge or have pads under the bridge feet. If it sounds good I wouldn't mind!

I've rinsed the internet there is one on a bass in bass direct and theres about 3 reviews on the entire web - all seem on the positive side.

I'd love to know anything at all! Opinions! Experience! Whatever you have. I'd love to try this pick up especially in the London area.