Why become a member? ×

Focusrite Clarett 2PRE USB - bought secondhand 4pre. LOWER Price - *SOLD*
£250
N O R W i C H ish

My very faithful and awesome Clarett 2Pre is up for sale. Since starting shooting review videos and doing recording from home I've needed more inputs. My original plan was to buy an OctoPre add-on for my 2Pre, but money has been really tight. I've managed to score a used second hand 4Pre for a reasonable price and sadly my as new 2Pre needs to go to pay for it. 

Ideally, I would love to keep it as it would go in my laptop bag for remote work, but I'm brassic. :( 

Very highly rated by trusted interface reviewer Julian Krause on YouTube

Full specifications below. 

Supports USB-C Bus power and frankly sounds superb. 

The new model seems to be coming in at £360 online, so £250 £225 seems reasonable for this? Shipping will be about £10 mainland UK, more for overseas. 

71xRGAoXFHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

451888-Clarett+2Pre_Back%20-%20Hi%20Res.

https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/product/clarett-2pre-usb/MOCL0006DM~MOCL0006DM

Features

Ultra-low noise (-128dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and up to 119dB dynamic range

Supports any Mac® or PC with USB 2.0 and above

Precision 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path

Connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables

Two mic/line/instrument inputs

ADAT input allowing for expansion of up to eight additional input channels

Gain Halo meters make it easy for you to set the input level

Two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology

Headphone output with volume control

Two additional line outputs

MIDI I/O

The two Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the sound of Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp

Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins

Focusrite Control: a user-friendly control software which enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®

Accolades and Reviews

MusicTech Choice Award 9/10

"The Clarett USB range certainly brings that high-quality sound to those lacking Thunderbolt connectivity and also brings low-latency recording and the Air feature too." - MusicTech Review

"In a marketplace that’s crowded with small format USB audio interfaces, this one stands out in a couple of ways. The electronics are first class, it’s easy to use and the results are excellent." - Ask Audio

"The Clarett 2Pre USB is an interface that offers great features to  the recording guitarist. It’s functional, stable and fast, and it’s portable enough for live use." - Guitar Interactive Magazine Review

Specifications

24-bit / 192 kHz

10 inputs and 4 outputs

2 Clarett mic preamps with Air mode model and the classic ISA Micpreamp sound

Low noise (-128dB ON)

Up to 119 dB dynamic range

Switchable phantom power +48 V

2x mic / instrument / line input XLR / 1/4" jack combo

4x line output 6.3 mm jack

MIDI In / Out

ADAT input

Stereo headphone output 6.3 mm jack

USB

Desktop Case

Dimensions (W x H x D): 210 x 55 x 161 mm

Weight: 1.11 kg

Includes XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite Plug-in Collective and Ableton Live Lite, 2x USB cable (standard USB and USB Type-C) and power adapter

Edited by Dood

Ok, let me refresh the price. I've just checked closed listings on eBay and the 2Pre Clarett USB (not to be confused with either the Thunderbolt or Clarett+ versions) seems to have sold for between £220-£275.

Here's my searches

So with that in mind, I'll drop mine down to £225, the lower end of the spectrum for my lovely 'chatters! (Plus shipping or collect) 

• Dood changed the title to Focusrite Clarett 2PRE USB - bought secondhand 4pre. NEW PRICE
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Dood changed the title to Focusrite Clarett 2PRE USB - bought secondhand 4pre. LOWER Price
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dood changed the title to Focusrite Clarett 2PRE USB - ***SOLD***