Why become a member? ×

SOLD**Fender-a-like P-J Bass**SOLD

Guest MoJo

After much deliberation, I've decided to move on this P-J bass that I picked up off Basswesty. I already have a P bass that I bought from Silverfoxnik and my BB414 that I got from OldGit so I've pretty much got all the bases :) covered with regards to this bass.

The origins of the constituent parts are unclear but Craig thinks [i]some[/i] of it may have originally been a Squier.
[attachment=24422:black_p_bass1.JPG]

The neck is straight as a die and has a modern shallow section making it very comfortable to play. Frets have virtually no wear and the action is nice and low. The solid body (wood unknown) has been professionally refinished in a tasteful metallic black and the headstock has a replica decal, applied by myself which has been lacquered over then flatted back to provide a satin finish.
[attachment=24423:black_p_bass3.JPG]

Pick-ups may also be Squier. Fairly standard fayre but produce all the right noises. As can be seen below the bass is also fitted with a Badass III bridge.
[attachment=24424:black_p_bass4.JPG]

Currently strung with Nickel Bass Centre Elite Players, this bass would serve well as a serious back-up for the semi-pro or as a quality beginner bass. There's no case but I do have the box that my BB414 came in that I could ship it in or you can collect from my DY3 address if you like and share a chat and a cuppa over a Hobnob or two.

I'm open to realistic offers on this one. I'd rather keep it than give it away.

Thanks

Edited by bassman2790

*Monday morning blues BUMP*

I shall probably put the money I raise from selling this toward a Trace Elliot 2103H so if anyone has a carpet covered 2103H lying around (haha), I would gladly consider a trade.

Mark,

This is a lovely bass and if I had a bit of spare cash I would have it back.
Good luck with selling it.

Folkes this is a really nice bass to play and it sounds great. Mark is a great chap to deal with too.. :)

Edited by basswesty

[quote name='bassman2790' post='472890' date='Apr 26 2009, 07:56 PM']After much deliberation, I've decided to move on this P-J bass that I picked up off Basswesty. I already have a P bass that I bought from Silverfoxnik and my BB414 that I got from OldGit so I've pretty much got all the bases :) covered with regards to this bass.

The origins of the constituent parts are unclear but Craig thinks [i]some[/i] of it may have originally been a Squier.
[attachment=24422:black_p_bass1.JPG]

The neck is straight as a die and has a modern shallow section making it very comfortable to play. Frets have virtually no wear and the action is nice and low. The solid body (wood unknown) has been professionally refinished in a tasteful metallic black and the headstock has a replica decal, applied by myself which has been lacquered over then flatted back to provide a satin finish.
[attachment=24423:black_p_bass3.JPG]

Pick-ups may also be Squier. Fairly standard fayre but produce all the right noises. As can be seen below the bass is also fitted with a Badass III bridge.
[attachment=24424:black_p_bass4.JPG]

Currently strung with Nickel Bass Centre Elite Players, this bass would serve well as a serious back-up for the semi-pro or as a quality beginner bass. There's no case but I do have the box that my BB414 came in that I could ship it in or you can collect from my DY3 address if you like and share a chat and a cuppa over a Hobnob or two.

I'm open to realistic offers on this one. I'd rather keep it than give it away.

Thanks[/quote]

How much would be a realistic offer?

How about £90 plus postage?

Edited by maxrossell

[quote name='maxrossell' post='473109' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:09 AM']How much would be a realistic offer?

How about £90 plus postage?[/quote]

Way too low I'm afraid but thanks for the offer