Why become a member? ×

TRADED :: Le Fay :: Herr Schwarz 4 ::
£1999
Dortmund (Germany)

null9er

For a long time I've been looking for a Le Fay Herr Schwarz (Mr. Black) as a 4-string and recently finally found. Optics, haptics and ergonomics are the absolute madness and are certainly unparalleled in the bass industry. The bass is bursting with innovative details and the finest craftsmanship (integrated saddle, three-dimensional shaping, recessed tuners, etc.). These ingredients make the Le Fay sound like a perfect piano string tone, which is finely resolved in all frequencies and always differentiated.

Now to "my problem": For several years I play only P-basses and occasionally a passive J. Therefore, "my sound" has also developed more in a classical direction, so that I am now with "much more dirt" on the road. With the really very noble sound of the Le Fay I can no longer make friends to 100%. Therefore, I offer the black gentleman here exactly at the price I recently paid myself. Still a bargain and shipping is also included!

For those who don't know this living legend of bass building yet, here's some additional information:

Body: ash, solid, two-piece

Neck: Padouk, 5-strip with graphite rods

Fretboard: Padouk, 22 frets plus zero fret

Scale length: 860mm (long scale)

Pickups: 2x Rough Crystal humbuckers, passive

Electronics: volume (push/pull - active/passive), 4-position PU selector, bass, treble

Weight: 4,2 kg

Current new price: from 4.450 EUR

Accessories: excellent Canto gig bag with LeFay logo

The condition is used, but except for two belt buckle scratches really very good. The black finish reflects properly and is free of any defects. By the way, the headstock is not painted black but veneered with a fine wood.

The bass can be seen, tested and bought in 58300 Wetter (Ruhr) / Germany. Next week I will drive to Nuremberg via Frankfurt and Würzburg and could even offer a delivery with personal handover.

If you have any questions, just ask me.

I'd be happy to exchange it for a Sadowsky NYC 4-string or similar P-/J-grenades. Gladly also with proper co-payment from my side! 💰💰💰

But now I'm curious ...

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-1.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-2.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-3.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-4.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-5.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-6.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-7.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-8.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-9.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-10.jpg

LeFay-Herr-Schwarz-12.jpg