Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot - Help!

Boogie on the Bb

I've been a TE fan for years. I'm searching out a new bass stack at the moment - dream kit would entail:

Solid state head, minimum 250
4x10 with horn
1x15
1x18 (for that extra tickle) :)

I've been given a bass stack to play with for a week or so to trail. It comprises solely of TE gear made in the 80's. it's all TE original stuff. the only bit missing from my wish list is the 18". they're well used items, show their age, a bit of bruising but sound great. they have the tone of the original stacks, fat bottom end and crisp top. they are built for purpose. the photos show them as they are. both the EQ switching buttons on the amp are broken - they are operated by a rocker foot pedal. other than that, it works fine.

The issue is that i have no idea where to start with regards putting a value on these things. can you help? estimates of value for each individual item would be great. thanks.

4x10:
[attachment=24332:TE_1x10_01.JPG][attachment=24333:TE_1x10_02.JPG]

1x15:
[attachment=24334:TE_1x15_01.JPG][attachment=24335:TE_1x15_02.JPG]

Amp:
[attachment=24336:TE_AH250_01.JPG][attachment=24337:TE_AH250_02.JPG]

Snap! Well, almost..... No 18" here either, and a 2 x 10, but the cabs are heavy enough if stairs are involved... My cabs are a bit more recent (green carpet, but still pre-Gibson) and the bright box commands a premium, but I picked up the lot for just over £500 IIRC if it helps...

Edited by JimH

nice kit! :brow:

I've seen a 4x10 cab of similar spec (to mine) and era go for £80 circa jan 09 & a 1x15 for £80 6 days ago on ebay. (sorry to mention the 'e' word in this forum) :) v v low prices - i would have anticipated circa £150 - £180 for the 4x10 & £100-£130 for the 1x15.

would you say the AH250 head would be circa £200 - £250? i'm trying to get a general feel here so i have a sensible grasp on the value of the kit that i'm trialling.

what's your impression on original kit (1980's) fetching higher prices than newer kit (1990's)?