Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Blackbird Nikki Sixx Signature

mario_buoninfante

So, I'm going back to Italy for few days, and I decided to check out few instruments I left there when I moved to the UK and among them there is this little guy (see picture below).
Bought it ~15y ago, when I was playing right-handed basses upside down (I'm lefty). And I really like the sound, fat and deep, good for finger style and pick as well, but the look is not exactly my cup of tea.
So, I was thinking about selling it, but of course that would probably mean bringing it back here with me and that may be a bit of a PITA from a logistic point of view.
Also, I haven't seen many around here in the UK, neither in person nor on forums/reverb/etc., but that could be a good thing from a seller point of view ;)

So, I thought I'd ask here what do people think about these, any thoughts, opinions, comments?

epihone_blackbird_nikki_sixx.thumb.jpeg.d48788e771c06542b1f1eeed6ea71055.jpeg

Edited by mario_buoninfante

I have a Goth which I bought to play halloween gigs with the band I was in back then. I already had a Tbird Pro (that one's active, the Goth is passive). I expected to sell the Goth when I left the band but it's really nice to play so I never did. But IIRC they don't go for much. I picked this up for maybe £250-300 in perfect nick. Maybe the Nikki Sixx connection would increase that. So it might not be worth lugging all the way to the UK.

Tbird Goth.jpg

Edited by Kitsto
  • Like 1