Why become a member? ×

How many???

bassist_lewis

how many gain stages/drives are people using on their boards? I've had three on my big board for the last 6 months: JPTF FX Jive as a low amp-like drive; Origin Effects Halcyon drive as mid-level cranky drive; and some kind of octave fuzz (Tru-Fi Super Fuzz, Tru-Fi Colordriver, JPTR FX Add Violence, among others). Yesterday I decided to rewire the whole thing to have just the Halcyon and the Malekko B:Assmaster, as its my favourite fuzz pedal (it's a big pedal so I can't have the Jive).

Now I'm worried I don't have enough drive sounds 😅

2 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

There's space for a standard Boss size pedal, so I could use the Jam Pedals LucyDreamer, it has 2 drive settings.

or the source audio aftershock if you're not tied to analog

i believe that will give you six (or three) presets

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

Hmmm, I actually have 3 'drive' pedals on my board and a full on fuzz. However one 'drive' is the Sansamp bass drive which I run on clean, the other ones are a Darkglass B3K and Alpha Omega which I run with the gain at very low levels. To my ears the two Darkglass pedals sound better together than run by themselves, so I use them for adding 'character' as much I use them for actual overdrive. For a loud rock gig the pedals are almost always 'on' so I haven't bothered trying to get the AO and B3K in a seperate loop that I can turn on and off with one switch. 

This has been my 'that will do' temporary set up until I buy a single drive pedal to replace the AO and B3K. However, I have not had this set up for nearly five years! I should never have sold the Aguilar Agro...