Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pending: Trade: Fender Japan Jaguar bass
£850
Warwick / Midlands

tredders

I'm looking to move on a couple of basses that I don't actually use or play.  Love the look of this one, but I have to accept that I don't get on with Jazz necks (which this has).  Bought it from here a year or so ago, and it's never left the house.  In actual fact, all I've done is have it professionally set-up and a new set of Chromes put on it, and then left it in the guitar stand.  

Serial number dates it to 2007-2010.  It's Olympic white, and is in really good condition - only marks I can see are a paint crack in the neck pocket (pictured), and a small chip on the end of the headstock.  Previous owner had it copper shielded, so it doesn't suffer from the hum that's typical with these basses.  Everything works as it should, and it sounds great.  Comes with a gig bag, but I'm sure I've got a hard case somewhere in the garage that I can include. 

What am I looking for?  I can trade up (with me adding £££), or I can take something of lower value in exchange plus cash.  Ideally, I'd like one of the following, but this is not a definitive list, so let me know what you've got (4 string only, no fretless thanks):

• Yamaha BB1200 or BB2000 (or similar, i.e. BB3000)
  • Ric 4003 / 4001 - any colour but Jetglo
  • Nordy Acinonyx (is that how you spell it?)
  • German Hofner 500/1 
  • Stingray (prefer 2eq) or other "interesting" MusicMan 4 string bass
  • Gibson Thunderbird 
  • Decent short scale (Wilcox, Mustang etc)
  • Nash / Bravewood P bass

Some pics of the Jag:

i-dv7bPK9-XL.jpg

i-78kmgZw-XL.jpg

i-PCR2CXq-L.jpg

i-2MsTGpF-L.jpg

i-nVG9gTR-L.jpg

i-jFf97kk-L.jpg

i-rvhc7Wj-L.jpg

I'm based just off j.12 of the M40 in Warwickshire, and always happy to meet up with BassChatters for a coffee and a chat, rather than trust it to be hoofed around a courier depot.  Having said that, I've posted off about a billion basses in the past (or so it feels like) and haven't had any issues yet, so postage is an option.

Any questions, please ask.

Update:  this is pending, awaiting a meet up. 

Edited by tredders
  • Like 4

• tredders changed the title to Pending: Trade: Fender Japan Jaguar bass