Why become a member? ×

US G&L L2500 - Beautiful Sunburst Finish - *SOLD*
£1450
Denmark

Thomas P

Probably one of the the most versatile basses around. No wonder as it came from the man who invented the single PU Precision, followed by the double PU Jazz. Then the Active MM and now this with dual PU, series/parallel switch, front, both and rear PU switch + passive, active and active + treble boost pre-amp.

US L2500 from around 2002-2004. Two owners, a friend of mine and I, so I've known this instrument for +10 years.
It's been used a lot causing the rear side of the neck to feel extremely smooth and comfortable. It has this really nice "Broken in" feeling you only get from well used instruments

Other than that, the almost mandatory marks at the upper edge of the head, and at the rear body edge. No blemishes to the front of the body.

Everything obviously works as it should and I'm still impressed with how much you can cover with one of these, from Preci with the front PU in passive mode + full bass boost and treble dialed back, to clean Jazz with both in parallel, to power MM sound

with both PU's in series active preamp with treble boost. The working Man's Do All in one instrument, and in a finish that'll work in any stage environment

Comes in original G&L hardcase.

Spec:

Ash body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. 34" scale. Weight around 4 kg, definitely not much above. String spacing at bridge around 18 mm. Noticable non tapered neck width comparred to say modern 5 string jazz basses (46 mm at saddle and 70mm at 21st. fret)

Priced to sell so not much wiggle room there, and this time no trades :0

Happy Holidays

Thomas

Handy & WhatsApp: +45 6120 9520

Email: [email protected]

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

Edited by Thomas P
  • Like 10

• Thomas P changed the title to That went quick . Sold Please remove. US G&L L2500