Why become a member? ×

Cioks are amazing :)

LukeFRC

I've been a DC7 user for about 18 months now and it's been incredible. Running 14 pedals off it and only hitting 40% of usage. In order to do that, I obviously had to run some split cables and a daisy chain, but a couple of pedals introduced a touch of noise, as is very common with sharing power outlets/daisy chaining. I recently picked up the CIOKS 8 as an extender (it's powered off the output of the DC7) and thus giving me 15 isolated outputs. Performance has been flawless and it's easily the best power supply I've ever used.

• Like 1

So the DC7 and the exploding Model FeT plot thickens somewhat, just recalled someone at work mentioning thunderstorms earlier in the week. I did a little googling and it was on Monday evening which was when it happened. Coupled with some very hot weather perhaps it was in fact a power surge that caused it.

If it was a surge then the surge protection afforded by the extension I use clearly did little to help. I don't really want to drop £200 on a furman unit or similar. Then again if it happened again it could easily cause more than that in damages.