Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass 1976 Natural Ash 70s Vintage - *SOLD*
£3000
Shropshire

Manton Customs

I have a little story to tell, if you'll let me. 

When this was first posted for sale here, like all the comments, I just thought it was a gorgeous bass, but never attainable. 

Fast forward to the Bristol Guitar Show and Robin did indeed bring this along (with other beautiful guitars he'd made) to his stand. He was generous enough to let people have a play. And sure enough it was just lovely. 

However, at the time I didn't realise it was the same bass, and misread the thinking it was £2000. 

Now, normally this wouldn't even be a consideration for purchase, but my mother has just passed away and there was a small amount of money left. And so, thinking it was £2000 and there was just enough justification to buy it, headed back to Robins stand to show my brother, card in hand ready to retry and purchase. Only to reread the ticket at the correct price. Oh bugger. That was too much and the dream was cut short. So close. 

Fade to black. 

I thought, I'd just compare the one here for sale to the one at the guitar show, and low and behold, it was the same one! I hadn't realised. I forwarded a link to my brother (who understands these things) just to say I'd already coveted this bass. 

Fade up to a few hours ago. 

We have few things to sort out regards my mums passing, so a trip over to my brothers was arranged. 

Little did i know that this was a cover story, and as i walked into the lounge, there on the table was the bass. Also standing there was Robin who had personality driven down (and also to see the look on my face no doubt!). 

My brother had contacted him and arranged for him to bring it over. He'd also made up the difference from what I was prepared to pay from his share of mums money. 

Can't tell you how stunned I was. It's as sexy as it looks in the photos. Robin has done a great setup on it and it plays and sounds fantastic. 

Sorry for the long post, but I had to share the story. I'm still a little stunned tbh. 

And thank you again Robin. It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you so much for driving it over. 

I'm bloody chuffed! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Manton Customs changed the title to Fender Jazz Bass 1976 Natural Ash 70s Vintage SOLD