Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 2U rack ears to fit Backline / RB amplifier head

DGBass

Rack ears for end of production amps are never easy to source. Just thought I'd ask the forum if anyone has a set of GK rack ears to fit Backline / RB heads gathering dust in a dark corner somewhere that they would consider parting with for a reasonable amount?  It's just the black metal parts with or without screws. The chrome RB hoops aren't necessary if they come from an RB but I would take them if they came as a package. I've considered hacking a set from steel angle strip or pattern ears from online but to be honest I'm useless at metal craft. If anyone can help, drop me a PM please. Many thanks.

Thanks, I did look at the UK Distributors (Polar) web shop which does have lots of rack stuff for other brands they deal with but nowt for GK amps of the era I'm intersted in. Worth a direct approach perhaps as well as asking here.

Just for info, the folks at Polar were quite approachable and I suspect relished the chance to get away from their desk to rummage around in the warehouse looking for NOS rack kits. Unfortunately there wasn''t anything available for my ask. However this may be of interest to owners of the old school RB800 amp. Polar still have some NOS 3U rack ear kits for RB800's available, so if you are lucky enough to own an RB800 and fancy racking it...give them a shout.