Why become a member? ×

Shadow Rockabilly pro Preamp.

Jslack

I just purchased a shadow RB  preamp  it has two out  ports one  for  Bridge and one for  fretboard, what's the purpose of the fretboard out port?? When both the bridge and fretboard work when  plugged into the bridge port out...? What can fretboard be plugged into while the bridge port is plugged into amplifier. The fretboard Out has no sound if plugged in by it's self,  And any tips or tricks to get fretboard, pickup to sound good... Is there anything, to put under pickup, before sticking under fretboard,to get that sweet slap, without being to hollow and  Tinny,  I'm using  the 50 watt Acoustic brand amplifier. With  deluxe superior strings.    JJ Slack.

The separate outs for bridge and click/fingerboard pickups are so the individual signals from each pickup can be sent to different amps or inputs on the mixing desk.

I'm not familiar with the Shadow preamp, but the K&K one I had would send a blend of both pickups from the bridge output if the fingerboard output didn't have a cable plugged into it.

Maybe the shadow does the same.

In particular, some folks send the fingerboard output to a limiter, then recombine with the bridge pickup at the amplifier.  It just helps you get a nice even click that doesn't take your head head off, without the limiter also squashing the main tone.

With nothing plugged into the fingerboard o/p socket, the bridge o/p socket carries both signals mixed in proportion to the 2 knobs on the top of the preamp.