Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR 750 wiring problems

mybass

I picked up this very nice Ibanez SR 750 last year, not quite the wood I preferred but with Nordstrand pickups and the Ibanez passive/active switching.

Problem at first…..the active mid control had no effect. I looked at the wiring and was surprised and how much was pressed in and packed down, I couldn’t believe Ibanez could use so much. (I’ve put in three way active units before with half the amount of wires in other basses)  I finally found an unsecured wire coming off the mid control to a small board, soldered it in and the mid now works.
The problem now is that in passive mode the balance control works weird….in centre it’s okay but turning to the bridge or neck pickup yields quite a drop in volume until the control is set right back or right forward and even then it’s not as powerful as pre the active repairs.

Any ideas because I have none left.

Anyone have an Ibanez bass that they’ve found a better active unit for.

Thanks in advance..

11 hours ago, mybass said:

I picked up this very nice Ibanez SR 750 last year, not quite the wood I preferred but with Nordstrand pickups and the Ibanez passive/active switching.

Problem at first…..the active mid control had no effect. I looked at the wiring and was surprised and how much was pressed in and packed down, I couldn’t believe Ibanez could use so much. (I’ve put in three way active units before with half the amount of wires in other basses)  I finally found an unsecured wire coming off the mid control to a small board, soldered it in and the mid now works.
The problem now is that in passive mode the balance control works weird….in centre it’s okay but turning to the bridge or neck pickup yields quite a drop in volume until the control is set right back or right forward and even then it’s not as powerful as pre the active repairs.

Any ideas because I have none left.

Anyone have an Ibanez bass that they’ve found a better active unit for.

Thanks in advance..

……thinking maybe an errant earthing problem may be cutting into the signal somehow?