Why become a member? ×

Cambridge Audio P25 MkII amp

The Admiral

I don't know , you spent £49.95 on a decent hi fi amp, and after only 18 years, it gives up!

Free to a good home - my amp as above. It's a great little amp, but it went 'phut' the other day, and I can't find anything obvious/easy to resolve. I think it's actually the power supply transformer that's gone, so an easy (and probably cheap) fix for those who know about such stuff.

Yours for the postage - UK only please guys.

Cheers

A

[quote name='overwater#1' post='467413' date='Apr 20 2009, 01:07 PM']What would postage be, I'd be very interested if we could sort that? :) can send you a cheque and what not?
Thanks very much!![/quote]

I'm guessing £10 to £15 or - if you are ever down Manchester/M60 way, we could do a handover. Cheque would be fine, or PayPal if you prefer.

A

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='steve-soar' post='566337' date='Aug 11 2009, 09:27 PM']Take the cover off and replace the power supply fuse.[/quote]

Good advice, which I have now tried, but it just fried the quick blow fuse straight away.

If anyone wants this - please shout - yours for the postage (£10 Royal Mail Parcels).

No takers by Thursday the 5th - it goes the way of Mr Fawkes (although not literally....... I'll take it to the tip.... and I won't torture a confession out of it first).

Cheers

A