Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton JB75fl with Dunlop flats £80 ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£80
Charlton, Southeast London

Paolo85

This is a bit of an impulse sale. Available, temporarily, is my HB JB-75 fl.
I am about to move house and I do not play it enough. If somebody happens to buy it, for pickup in Charlton, SE london only, before around 19 October - that is, before my house move - I am happy to let it go, for what I think is a very good price. Else I'll withdraw it and rethink.

Apart from the aesthetic, the bass is identical to the HB Jaco clone, except that the fingerboard is laurel instead of pau ferro. As most people here know, these are amazing basses for the money. Soundwise, I think they are as good if not better than other basses that cost much more. In terms of sound and fingerboard, I find it a better option than the Cort B4fl and Sire V7fl I had - at least for those like me that play in passive mode anyway.

Strings are Dunlop flats, which new cost almost as much as I am asking for the bass these days. I'd be better off selling them separate but I am aiming fot a quick sale here. I find these strings are a perfect fit for a fretless jazz. They are as zingy as it gets for flatwounds.

The reasons I do not play it enough are that it is super heavy - those basses are notoriously heavy
- and as it turns out I do not like a lined fretless.
Also you must be aware that it is a neck diver. There is also some minimal fretwear (I mostly played it with the stock roundwound, until they became dull). But it is minimal and with zero impact on sound and playability.

20221007_090409.jpg

20221007_090314.jpg

20221007_090535.jpg

Edited by Paolo85
  • Like 1

• Paolo85 changed the title to Harley Benton JB75fl with Dunlop flats £80
  • Paolo85 changed the title to Harley Benton JB75fl with Dunlop flats £80 *SOLD*