Why become a member? ×

first music video - Feedback appreciated

dj150888

Well everyone, this video is from our EP that we released over a year ago now, the video is almost a year old, buts feedback is appreciated on both the recording and the video (which is a bit tongue in cheek)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGCk9sXkySw"]Darkest Era on Youtube[/url]

[quote name='dj150888' post='468906' date='Apr 21 2009, 06:35 PM']You guys don't even have a clue how much fun the whole thing was to do.[/quote]

And it shows! I thought this was absolutely fantastic...thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

Reminded me of the New Wave Brit Heavy Metal bands of the early 80s; I hope that isn't an insult. Except they always sounded a bit thin to my ear whereas your video doesn't.

The teensiest of tiny things: everyone there obviously having lots of fun, maybe your drummer could perk up a bit? She's exceptionally good, but looks a bit - what's the word - clinical in the video.

Other than that, brilliant. I'd come see you play and I don't even like metal.

Jon

I think what separates your vid from similar metal vids I've seen is lighting. It doesn't look as professional as it deserves to because of the flat daylight running throughout. Something to bare in mind for the next one.

Also be careful of doing things that sends the viewer's mind away from the video - e.g. the "borrowed" bit of sword choreography from Troy. All of a sudden I'm sidetracked into trying to remember which film I saw the move in, instead of watching your vid.

Hope this helps.

BTW your drummer is hot and the music is pretty impressive.