Why become a member? ×

212/410 Cabs for DG AO 500

Tripehound

I'm thinking of getting a Darkglass Alpha Omega 500 having spent the last few years playing through a Helix straight into the PA with my covers band, I've just joined an outfit who are a bit more traditional rocks and don't think a Zoom B6 into a Headrush is quite going to cut it! I need something light and pref 4 ohms so... question is what cab to go with it (I'm choosing blind as auditioning them isn't a practical proposition)? 

The Darkglass 212 looks the business but can't find much online about them in terms of reviews and YouTube videos are hard to gauge. Seems light and well constructed - also two of the 112s is an option. Expensive though and the Vanderkley cabs are about the same price.

Barefaced Big Twin looks a safe option but what about the GR Bass cabs which are much lighter?

Does anyone have experience or strong opinions on this or am I making too much of it and they'd all sound great?

As ever I'm grateful for your thoughts,