Why become a member? ×

*ON HOLD* Fender Mexican Precision Bass MIM 2013/14, Lake Placid Blue & Maple, upgraded pickups & bridge, with hard case, will ship - *SOLD*
£470
Southport

dmc79

*Price drop, now £450 delivered* 

For sale (no trade offers please) is a Fender Mexican (MIM) Precision bass in lovely Lake Placid Blue with maple neck, in a mint condition Fender hard case. Long scale, right handed.

It has a 2013 serial number, but according to Fender's serial number check, it was registered in 2014. I've read that the quality of MIM Fender basses improved a fair bit post 2008, then again in 2012. This certainly seems to be the case to me. This is a rock solid P bass, with a really nice & fairly slim neck. I've only had this a few weeks, and only selling as I was very naughty and bought another bass before this had even arrived & have decided to keep that one. If that hadn't come up, I'd have happily kept this one, but alas I have to let it go.

The bass came to me with a pair of nice upgrades, in the form of Seymour Duncan pickups (possibly Quarter Pounders, I haven't had the plate off to check), and what I think is a Hipshot Kickass hi-mass bridge with adjustable string spacing. It has a lovely gloss maple fingerboard & headstock, with a nice fast satin urethane finish on the back of the neck. It is a relatively slim, very playable P bass neck, with a front to back thickness (measured with calipers) at the 1st fret of 0.820 inches, and at the 12th fret of 0.893 inches. Usual P nut width of 1.625 inches. It weighs 4.1Kg (9lbs) on my digital luggage scales and balances well. Stock open gear tuners, strung with unknown nickel roundwounds with life left in them.

Excellent condition, with only minor wear / small knock marks consistent with age, no deep dings or chunks missing, only paint removed is a small knock of 1cm around the bridge strap button, and there are a couple of tiny knocks on the underside of the headstock. The case is a quality, well padded mint condition Fender 'Pro series bass case' with tag still attached & keys present, and a decent sized open pocket for cables, etc. Lake Placid Blue is one of those colours I think looks better in person, there was sunlight coming in when I took the photos, it's not quite as bright and shiny up close.

Collection possible from Southport, meet-up in North West within reason, or posted to mainland UK address at buyer's expense of 30 pounds on top of sale price. This is for Parcelforce 24 hour next day, fully protected, trackable delivery (live tracking possible on the day). I should be able to ship within 1 working day of payment being received. Feel free to check my Basschat feedback and please PM if interested, or wanting more photos.

NO TRADE OFFERS WHATSOEVER PLEASE. I don't need any more basses, just some money and space back.

IMG_4616.thumb.JPG.876c18abf7295b9cd4f880472ab9075d.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4610.JPG

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4613.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4615.JPG

IMG_4617.JPG

IMG_4618.JPG

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4621.JPG

Edited by dmc79
SOLD
  • Like 15

• dmc79 changed the title to *SOLD* Fender Mexican Precision Bass MIM 2013/14, Lake Placid Blue & Maple, upgraded pickups & bridge, with hard case, will ship