Why become a member? ×

Anyone know anything about Yamaha BBIVS (80s short/ medium scale)?

Iheartreverb

Hello,

On the search for a good short scale I’ve seen one of these locally.

Does anyone know much about these? Specially how they play given the “medium” scale, which I believe is about 31.5” and what the value of one would be?

I assume being an older Japanese model, they’re going to be pretty good.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks 

I've had a couple of these, I still have one. I really like them the sound is great, a little smoother than a P bass depending on eq of course, I have a BB300 and they are similar but without the reversed pickup, the BB bass DNA is in there. Quality is great the necks are slim front to back and the nut is 40mm width, for me the best playing neck of any bass I have played. Electronics are simple but again the quality is good, nice range on the tone control. Easily adjusted pickups with 3 screws on each and threaded inserts in the body. The usual 1980's BB adjustable tuners are smooth and good but a little heavy so with a slippery strap there can be a bit of neck dive. Medium scale is easy to get around on and for me a nice compromise between 30'' and 34'' mine weighs 3.5kg  7lb 8ozs. The body is is in proportion to the Med scale

I had lovely example with just one chip on the body and stupidly sold it last year for £375  I missed it so much I bought another, they do come up but not often, this one heavily used for £325

In my view it is difficult to go wrong with a Yamaha BB bass

• Like 2