Why become a member? ×

Sound test for my new Status

Oscar South

I bought this bass off a member of this forum last week and today recorded this just to see what kind of quality I can get on a recording, I reckon it sounds pretty good personally. Anyway this is just 2 tracks of bass, one a bassline and one some topnotes in artificial harmonics, it was just a quick 'play through' job so there are some mistakes in each track and the drums are pretty thrown in as well, but it sounds cool I reckon. It'd also work as a backing track so solo over.

Yeah I was using a pick for the bass part, I tend to play with a pick when I use overdrive and use my fingers when I go clean. I guess the attack of the pick just brings out the drive better and clean you want a smoother articulation. For the harmonics I use the same technique as Steve Bailey (index and middle fingers to node, ring and pinky to pick, thumb free to play bass notes)

I think so yeah, I was using Ableton which I only just installed and noticed after that I'd not configured the audio settings so it was running with significantly more latency than I usually get. I also recorded to a click and added the drums retrospectively so it might be something to do with that too.